The 2020 Women’s Conference will be held March 17th – 20th at Lord’s Tabernacle Holiness Church – Memphis, TN. Our theme this year is “Becoming a Woman of Excellence: Know your Value” and this is taken from Proverbs 31:10 AMP which says “An excellent woman [one who is spiritual, capable, intelligent, and virtuous], who is he who can find her? Her value is more precious than jewels and her worth is far above rubies or pearls.”
You may register online using the form below -or at your local church.
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
The TFM Women’s Department
The 2019 Men’s Shut-In & Fast will be February 20th-22nd at Devout Temple Holiness Church hosted by Pastor Charles Robinson.
“It is my desire that all Pastors and brethren of each congregation attend the shut-in. We come together with fasting and prayer that we as leaders, husbands, brothers and sons, will go back to our destinations with spiritual guidance for our homes and churches.” – Bishop Robert Covington
Devout Temple Holiness Church
205 Whitehall Street
Jackson, TN 38301
This lesson continues the message from James 3:13-18 where we learn:
- True wisdom shows itself in humility – a modest view of one’s own importance
- The opposite of this wise humility is bitter jealousy – a resentful anger towards others because of their abilities, advantages or achievements – and selfish ambition – a strong desire to do something that does not take into account the needs of others
- Jealousy & Selfishness are stated as being earthly, un-spiritual, & demonic
- But the wisdom that comes from God is Pure, Peace-Loving, & Gentle at ALL times. And as God’s people we are to be Peacemakers – who in Matthew 5:9 are called Blessed & Children of God.
James then addresses the cause for the quarrels going on in the church which are evil desires. Desires are simply the things we want. He is writing to the Church in Jerusalem which was predominately Jewish. As the first recipients of The Law, we can assume they already knew that desiring another man’s wife or another sister’s furniture was sinful and not acceptable to God. James could have been referring to those types of things but I believe he was getting at something else.
As humans we desire basic things like food, clothing, & shelter. We desire to further our education and to work in a certain field. We may desire a spouse and children. We may desire to start a business or run for public office. We may have a desire to go into ministry or to serve as a missionary.
All of these things are good. Indeed the bible says of our desires:
- Psalm 37:4 – Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- Psalm 145:16 – You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
- Psalm 145:19 – He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.
So the next question is what makes a desire Evil?
I believe what James is telling us based on his previous conversation in Chapter 3, is that our desires become evil when we don’t humbly submit or surrender them to God.
You want something that you see someone else has but you don’t – in humility- surrender it and the getting of it to God. You get upset when you see someone with the thing you want – whether it’s a spouse, or a business, or a certain type job, or even if it’s an experience like traveling to far-away places. You then decide to try to get it yourself – by any means necessary. You don’t ask God for it. And even when you do ask – your motives are wrong. You only want what will give you pleasure.
James next connects our use of worldly tactics to get what we want to befriending the world and making ourselves an enemy of God. Obviously those in the church who were doing this were not aware of the severity of what they were doing so James connects the dots for them and calls them to repent.
So how should we as Christians handle our desires?
By surrendering them to God in prayer and allowing Him to fulfill them according to his will. It’s the enemy who attempts to deceive us into thinking either 1) that nothing is more important than what we want or 2) that God doesn’t have anything good for us:
- Psalm 34:10b – “but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing”
- Psalm 84:11b – “no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly”
- Luke 12:32 – In Red, Jesus says “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom”
- Romans 8:32 – “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?”
The 2019 Women’s Conference will convene March 12th – 15th at Wings of Deliverance T.H.C. Thanks to Pastor Robert & First Lady Alesha Clark for being our hosts this year.
Our theme is “Unlocking the Treasure Within” and it’s taken from 2 Corinthians 4:17, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.”
Below are more details:
- Registration Fee – $50 all inclusive. T-shirts, booklets
- Registration Signup begins January 6th and will run thru February 10th
As more details become available about the seminars, hotel, meals, etc we will update this page.
Step #1 – Complete the online registration form here
Step #2 – From the TFM website, click Give & Pay on the manu bar to pay your registration fees via Paypal
NOTE: You must complete both steps to be registered for the conference
See you in March!